Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Merry Bloody Christmas

"WHAT THE FUCK DID JUST HAPPEN OUT THERE!!!!!!!"

The loud thud of Trent?'s fists against the wooden desk echoed around the office. On the other side of the desk sat Shane McMahon. Trent?'s fists slammed against the desk again.


Trent?: ANSWER ME!!!!!


Shane McMahon: Listen Greg… We just figured out it would be best if…


Trent?: Who do you mean by 'We'? I want to know exactly who THE FUCK changed everything! I had gone through this shit with everybody! Couldn't you just simply say "No, we aren't doing that?"


Trent? was not one to swear often, but he was beyond pissed. Shane McMahon had no reply… This caused Trent? to slam his fists against the desk a second time.


Trent?: I get it… They're the bosses… They're the ones running the show… My only question is WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME!!!!!!


Greg was recalling the events that took place a couple of weeks ago at Survivor series, a point of inflexion in his career for sure. Would he walk out and leave the company? That night he considered it several times, he felt used, betrayed, belittled… Fast Forward a couple of weeks, he was much more calmer, sitting across a table with a man that knew him since he was a kid, Brian Myers, known to the EBWF Universe as Curt Hawkins. Brian had a beer can in his hand, while Greg had a bottle of water

Curt Hawkins: Are you serious? Did you yell at him?

Greg wasn't happy about it, but he did. He nodded his head slightly.

Trent?: I think everyone heard… Everyone heard what I said… And everyone watched me leave.

Curt Hawkins: What happened then, man?

Trent?: I stormed off, turned off my cellphone… It's been off until today.

He reached for the cellphone in his pocket to put it on the table, the screen shut off.

Curt Hawkins: That's ballsy. 

Trent?: I'm not trying to make a point or anything… I was just legitimately angry at them. I didn't want to hear from any of them… I  just needed some time off to cool my head. I also didn't want any dirtsheets asking for any breaking news on how I was going to quit or something.

Curt Hawkins: Well, if you wanted time off I guess I can't blame you… But can you be sure they are not thinking you took your ball and went home? For what I know they could've already filled your spot for Tuesday's main event! 

Trent scoffed.

Trent?: Would they even…

Brian interrupted him in mid sentence.

Curt Hawkins: Consider that?

Trent?: No, would they even notice I'm gone?

Greg chuckled. However, Brian's face remained serious. Apparently, he didn't see the joke in his pal's comment.

Curt Hawkins: Why wouldn't they? Sometimes I think you underestimate yourself… You've done stuff in EBWF that no one has done. You know it's just a matter of time before you get a well deserved push.

Greg's didn't seem too convinced from his friend's comment. He sighed a little and ran both hands along his black hair.

Trent?: I've heard that a million times… It's still to happen. Sometimes I just feel they are unwilling or unsure to push me.

Curt Hawkins: How so?

Greg leaned back for a moment.

Trent?: For example: When the whole 'Paul Heyman' thing went on… Paulie was like "Hey, I really think I could spice up this Trent kid…". I was super pumped! There's only a thousand things Paul Heyman could teach me…

Curt Hawkins: Of course! He even called me and told me if I wanted to be back… What happened?

Trent?: The answer was "He's off limits! We have big plans for him!" Plans which still haven't been revealed to me…

Curt Hawkins: Working with Paul Heyman would've done wonders for Trent? Indeed.

Trent?: Hey, I never said Trent? isn't working with Heyman in the near future.

Curt Hawkins: Shut up man! Really? When?

Trent?: That's all I'm gonna say.

Curt Hawkins: Fuck you.

Brian laughed and took a sip of his beer can.

Curt Hawkins: What about the title shot… Don't you think they are planning to put the belt on your at last?

He shrugged.

Trent?: I guess I'll find out in Christmas Eve, minutes before I go out there… But so far, their big plans have consisted of having me lose every match I've been in ever since I got the World title shot… Making me look real good and strong there! Ever since I returned, I have talked to Shane, I've told Wes, Joanie, I've told everyone I feel more comfortable in the ring as a heel… They were like "But we have such big plans for you as a face!"

Curt Hawkins: OH PLEASE! The only reason you got over as a face was because I betrayed you numerous and often consecutive occasions, I took away your girlfriend and made your life a living hell for almost a year.

Trent?: Whatever! So, before Survivor Series I was like "Listen… I don't want to be a happy-go-lucky, plain, boring, charming guy anymore… It's been two years since I returned and I've danced to your tune for long enough… I want to begin drawing heat and I think Survivor Series is the best place to do it… How about I abandon my team in the middle of the match?". They didn't say no… But once in the match I get rolled up in the first five seconds of the match… I couldn't believe it. I haven't been more PISSED in my life.

Curt Hawkins: Do you think there's a reason why that happened?

Trent?: I don't know if I have pissed someone off… Maybe they just want Randy to be "The Guy" for a while… I don't know. All I know is I've been handed the short end of the stick lately…

Curt Hawkins: Now you know how it feels to get buried, asshole.

Trent?: Bastard. I'll make the most out of it… Make a name for myself. Put some asses in some seats. I want to be that guy who makes you buy your ticket. Know what I mean?

Both men chuckled… Both men went quiet for a moment.

Trent?: You didn't leave because you think I buried you, right?

Curt Hawkins: Nah. I just wanted a change, I wanted something different…

Greg tilted his head back and exhaled loudly.

Trent?: Oh God, if I could count the times I've heard that comment during the last month…

Curt Hawkins: Really? A lot of unhappy people backstage?

Trent?: Not unhappy… I don't know… It's hard to gauge wether they aren't down with the booking staff or if they just want a break from the road.

Curt Hawkins: Who are you talking about?

Trent?: What, are you Dave Meltzer all of a sudden?

Greg reached out to smack his friend on the shoulder. Brian shrugged and smiled at him.

Curt Hawkins: I'm just curious…

Trent?: People you know. Let's leave it at that… I don't want it all over the dirt sheets tomorrow "EXCLUSIVE: Trent? leads backstage protests!"

Curt Hawkins: Seriously now, haven't you considered leaving?

Trent?: Yes. Then I ponder how life would be living on Hulk Hogan's Thunder Mixer stock for salary if I go to TNA, beginning my 'roid schedule if I go to the "The big dubya"… Isn't there like a height requirement there? Anyway, I feel fine where I am… It would just be a lot easier if they told me things to my face "Look, you're a fine kid and all, but Randy and John are the holy cows, we're going with them.". You know, I'll be damn fine if they are going to pull a Roddy Piper on me and never let me have a World Title.

Brian nodded… Business wasn't that benevolent.

Curt Hawkins: So… You're basically telling me you had a bust up with… You don't even know who…

Trent?: Yup.

Curt Hawkins: And you just showed up to cash in your contract last week…

Trent?: Yup.

Curt Hawkins: And you have a huge match with absolutely no buildup next week.

Trent?: Yup. And you think it is possible that they put the title on me that night...

Curt Hawkins: Well, putting it that way… It sounds fucking insane.

Trent?: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the same. Again, another reason why I think someone in the board of directors isn't sure about giving me a shot.

Curt Hawkins: Whatever… You still gotta show up and deliver. So, what are you planning to do for the PPV? Have they mailed you the script yet?

Trent?: Nah… I'm pretty sure with all the moles online they're playing it pretty close to the chest. Word has it the numbers for Survivor Series weren't as huge as they were expecting and that changes and layoffs might be handed before the end of the year. 

Curt Hawkins: You need to get your ass to work if you want people to give a damn about your match.

Trent?: Like I didn't know that. It's not so bad I guess…

Curt Hawkins: In what universe is having a match against perhaps the hottest star in the business today…

Trent?: Didn't know you liked dudes.

Curt Hawkins: Shut up and let me finish! In what universe is having a match against the most popular wrestler in the world right now with absolutely no build up "Not so bad"? You'd be lucky if he doesn't squash you the second the bell rings…

Trent?: You want to know why It isn't so bad? Because my biggest problem in EBWF is not knowing what the hell do they want me for… Gee, you're talking about this shot like it just fell onto my lap. Apparently, people have been waiting for me to cash in… I don't know how many people will get the PPV just because I am cashing in… If that's not build up then I don't know what is...

Curt Hawkins: That is not build up….

Trent?: I just want to know once and for all if I am a big of a Draw as everyone says… If people really mean it or they just say it because they feel sorry for me or something.

Curt Hawkins: Yeah, they're paying you thousands of dollars just because they feel sorry for you.

Trent?: Zach Gowen.

Curt Hawkins: Dick move! Have you even talked to Orton?

Trent?: I did talk to Randy last week… Right after cashing in. We both want to tear the house down… 

Curt Hawkins: Don't we all?

Trent?: I'm talking Christmas Eve of Destruction Style… Barbed Wire cage of death.

Curt Hawkins: Sounds like my last date… Hey, do what you like... As long as you keep your ears and eyeballs intact.

Trent?: I'm more concerned about my perfect sideburns… Hey! An eyepatch would make me look even more badass.

Curt Hawkins: Badass? You're a nerd… Granted, a main Eventing nerd.

Trent?: A nerd who is going to be World Champ, and don't you forget it!

Curt Hawkins: You won't be a Champ unless you get the ball rolling… Are you shooting a promo or something?

Trent?: Of course… I have a couple of ideas.

Curt Hawkins: If you need any help, I'm game…

Trent?: I'm good. Matt told me he'd do anything within his reach to help.

Curt Hawkins: So you rather me over Matt?

Trent?: Awww is that jealousy I smell?

Curt Hawkins: Shut Up. I just wanted to meet Renee Young, that's all.

Speaking to Brian was always reassuring. Signing with EBWF alongside him and Matt Cardona (or Zack Ryder as most of you guys know him) surely made the transition from WWE to EBWF much easier. Greg might not have been blessed with a bloodline of famous wrestlers, but he sure has found great friends along the way… Friends that would be crucial on his rise to the top.



EBWF.net EXCLUSIVE.

The camera was fixed on a carved EBWF logo. The camera slowly panned out to show a wooden podium, in front of red velvet curtains. The overweight, ponytailed, bald new yorker Paul Heyman approached the lectern, clad in a black suit, a white shirt and a teal colored tie… His trademark overly confident smirk greeted the audience as the lighting from the ceiling shone upon his bald head.

Paul Heyman: It is with the uttermost pleasure that I am here tonight, to make an announcement that will go down in EBWF History! As you all know, I am constantly looking for new talent to take to the next level… People that reach out to me in desperation have often been mistreated and belittled. They reach out to me and say "Paul… I want something more!". I have to confess that this time it was I who reached out for this young buck, for I see the brightest of futures in him! In just a couple of years he has  taken this company by storm… Let me remind you that John Cena needed Five years to get his first World Title… Undertaker needed Six Years… Even the Great Shawn Michaels took quite a while to get to the top.  We're talking about two years and NO shorcuts. Ladies and gentlemen… I give you the newest Paul Heyman guy! Mr. Money In the Bank… Trent?!

The camera panned out slowly, as Trent made his way towards Heyman. The joyful smile was nowhere to be seen, his eyes were shadowed by the frame of his sunglasses. Clad in a black suit, a white shirt and a black tie… He ran a hand along his bearded face as he stood alongside Heyman.

Paul Heyman: I can hear you all asking: "Why would Trent? even need you Paul? He has reached to the top with his bare hands!" Has he? Please refer yourself to the Promotional poster of Christmas Eve Of Destruction… 

Paul Heyman took a rolled up poster from the inside pocket of his jacket and unfolded it… There it was: Plain, green background, a couple of Christmas ornaments, barb wire in the back… The EBWF logo and the words "Wes Ikeda Presents: Christmas Eve of Destruction"printed in white.

Paul Heyman: Am I the only one who thinks this poster is a SLAP ACROSS THE FACE of a Superstar that has done nothing more than busting his ass for this shot… Does he get his face plastered in the poster? Does he get a Direct TV Promo? Did he get any media booking to speak his mind? Did he get ANY social media attention? This is utter mistreatment with someone who deserves nothing but the best! Wes Ikeda! Joanie Helmsley! Chris Jericho! I don't know who is running the circus right now and quite frankly I don't care… You just don't give this kind of treatment to a man who is going to put his physical integrity on the line inside a barbwire cage of death! MARK MY WORDS! Trent? will get answers from each one of you… But at Christmas Eve of Destruction, just as it has been for the past four months… At Christmas Eve of Destruction it will be all about Randy Orton… Isn't it always?

Heyman shrugged… He looked at Trent? who stood next to him, his facial expression completely plain.

Paul Heyman: Oh Yes! We are all Joyful that… Trent??

Trent? had turned, walking away and eventually out of the picture. Heyman rubbed his bald head.

Paul Heyman: Trent? We're not done here! We've just begun! Trent? Trent? Come back!

Heyman walked behind Trent? trying to convince him to stay as the scene faded to black.

Voltaire once said that Optimism is the madness of insisting everything is well when we are miserable. We could just say Trent? had decided to let go off his optimism. In order to prepare for his upcoming match up, the brand new Heyman Guy and his mentor had chosen a proper venue for some intense psychologic training. A house in the Mount Sinai Harbor in Trent?'s hometown was the place they both agreed on using… An abandoned, creaky, lonesome and empty place; just the perfect place to sum up how the EBWF Board of Directors saw Trent?. His apparent alignment with Paul Heyman, his emotionless appearance during that video… The abrupt ending… If you knew Trent? You'd probably think something wasn't right. That suspicion was what brought Zack Ryder all the way to his friend's hometown. Had he lost his mind? Was he that desperate to defeat Randy Orton that he sold his soul to a harvester who is no stranger to Randy's antics and whose advice could prove useful during the gruesome bout? Or maybe it was the right move… 

"You better watch out…"

Did he just hear Trent?'s voice? Zack removed his shades off… Was he serious bro? The place where Trent?'s mom told him Trent? had been hanging out day and night for a couple of days now was a wreck. Zack wasted no time in pushing the door open, a loud creak filled the empty wooden house… Zack stepped into the dark room, ony slightly lit up through the small cracks from the wooden walls, it wasn't much, but at least he could make out his surroundings… The place was empty, at least the first floor. 

"You Better not cry…"

Again that cryptic voice tone, which apparently came from the second floor...

Zack Ryder: Hello? Trent?

"You better not frown…"

The steps creaked a little as a round, plump silhouette walked down the stairs.

Zack Ryder: Who's there!

The man's voice was loud and demanding.

Paul Heyman: The future EBWF World Champion does not want to be disturbed.

"You better not pout… I'm Telling you why…"

Heyman walked towards the center of the room… Reaching up to tug on a small chain, which would light a small bulb, the only source of light in the room.

Zack Ryder: What did you do to him?

Paul scoffed and chuckled.

Paul Heyman: What did I do to him? What did you do to him is a more fitting question. Let me guess… You've been gone for months and now you want the Champ-to-be to get you a title shot or something? 

Zack Ryder: Stop playing around… Where's Trent? What have you done to him?

Paul Heyman: What have I done to him? I shall tell you what have I done to him! I turned him into World Championship Material! You see… I've been trying really hard to make Trent? notice how important he is… How much of a star he can become if he makes the right choices! I was the one who told him he was too much to be Cena's puppet in that match! I was the one who removed the blindfold from his eyes! I was the one who unleashed this monster!!!!!

WHAM! A daft thud was heard, followed by a loud thud as the overweight manager crashed face first onto the wooden floor, causing a massive racket in the old and empty building… Heyman seemed out cold. Thud after thud was heard in the darkness as someone repeatedly beat Paul Heyman up in the shadows… A voice finally made it clear who was behind the attack.

Trent?: No you weren't.

Trent?'s figure emerged from the darkness onto the lightbulb… He stood across the room, wearing a black cap tilted backwards, a black T-shirt, black pants and a bat on his right hand. Zack almost jumped in joy as he saw his friend! He walked towards him and hugged him… However, it was a one way hug. Trent? remained still while Zack hugged him… As soon as Zack let go, Trent? turned around.

Trent?: Why did you come here?

Zack seemed dumbfounded by his broski's reaction to his arrival, he pictured something completely different on his mind.

Zack Ryder: What do you mean why did I come here? Everyone's worried sick about you bro! Your mom! Your dad! My dad! Mike Chiappetta! The Big O! You haven't been answering your phone! You team up with Paul Heyman and lock yourself up in this place? 

Trent? remained still.

Trent?: Why would they be worried? I have never felt better.

Zack took a step closer towards his friend.

Zack Ryder: Listen, I know you might feel uneasy about what might go down at Christmas Eve of Destruction… But remember this isn't your first world title shot and certainly it won't be your last… You're a very skilled wrestler and…

Trent?: Enough. Just turn around and leave…

Zack Ryder: Listen to me bro. We've been through thick and thin… You've helped me get over Princess Leia and if it weren't for you I might've never met Kaitlyn. We've fought alongside for years now… Please… Don't do this… I already lost Curt… I won't let you go down that same path of madness… 

As Zack's hand landed on Trent?'s shoulder, Trent? swiftly turned around and swung the bat at Long Island Iced Z, smacking him right across the forehead. Ryder fell backwards holding his forehead, scarlet red began oozing down his tanned face onto the wood. Trent? stood over his downed "friend" pointing the bat straight at his head.

Trent?: Don't you ever compare me to that loser Curt Hawkins… If you came down here because you're worried about me joining Paul Heyman then you don't know me damn a bit. Why would I need that pork do the talking for me, when I have already done my talking in the ring?

Zack laid motionless in the floor.

Trent?: I hope you are listening Ryder, because I will only say this once. I want to thank you… Thank you for holding me back an entire year. If it weren't because of you I would already be the World Champion… You were worried? You wanted to help me? You could've helped me when we were booked against Rated RKO a month ago instead of making me look like a complete fool! 

Trent? knelt before Ryder, setting the bat aside for a moment.

Trent?: I should've listened a long time ago. You were dead weight… Your presence alongside me made me weak… But not anymore. It took me a while to notice the pattern… People target me… People target my friends and attack them to harm me… Putting me in a sweet spot to do whatever they want with me… That's the main reason why I cracked your skull with this bat.

Trent? ran his fingers along his former friend's bloodied forehead and rubbed the red liquid over his face, standing back onto his feet. His eyes aimed at the camera, his face covered in red stains as the bulb above his head shed light over him.

Trent?: Randy Orton is a man who prides himself on being able to inflict unmeasurable amounts of pain on his opponents… Clinically, viciously, repeatedly. Randy Orton has proven to the EBWF that he knows no boundaries when it comes to beat downs and fist fights. Many have fallen at the hands of the Killer… Many have been…

A loud groan was heard… The camera focused on Ryder, who had crawled up slowly, trying to regain composture. It only took Trent? a Punt to the skull to level him back onto the mat.

Trent?: ...Punted after attempting to defeat him. But why? Why does every single time someone rises and goes for Orton's legacy he miserably fails? Is it because Randy Orton is undefeatable? No. It is because he is superior in any way? No. It is simply because Orton's opponents have lost focus in crucial moments… And without knowing it, they have fuelled his rage, causing their mischievous plans to backfire against them. Countless times people have decided to get Randy's attention by going after his sweetheart. Maybe they got that from Curt Hawkins' playbook, ask him how well it turned out for him. Butchering a puppy wasn't wise either… But enough about other people's plans.

Zack Groaned again, this time because Trent? had stepped on his back firmly.

Trent?: I have seen through Randy Orton. He's apparently quiet and a bit of a lone wolf… He tries to hide it behind his hostile attitude… But when the odds stack against him he turns into an unstable and irascible creature… The type of creature that will go berserk and won't calm down until his pray ceases to breathe. Coincidentally, the bloodier and more aggressive his fighting style, the more victories and titles he got… Randy was indeed a Killer, and  that is why his longest reign as a World Champion still stands tall… Because he was relentless, because something inside of him drove him to be the absolute best, to hunt down and kill every potential opposition.

Trent? folded his arms as he looked into the camera.

Trent?: That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Instead of systematically hunting down competition, Randy now comfortably sits on top of the world, with a huge target on his back. People have tried to dethrone him… Again by recurring to kidnapping his wife… They light up Randy's spark and he beats them senseless. Paul Heyman tried to bully you, tried to get inside your head Randy… He's been pestering you for months…

Trent? pointed at the immobile former ECW Mastermind.

Trent?: You can thank me later. Now that I have made it clear that I won't murder your dog, or steal a kidney from your friend Adam… I certainly won't even get near your wife… You know… Deep down inside that you're not half the killer you used to be… I've had people attack my loved ones before… And just like you, I've turned into a territorial creature and savagely fended them off… But they kept coming… And coming… And Coming… And I grew sick of them. People will say "Trent? just busted Zack Ryder open!" But it wasn't me… It was all the Bully Rays. all the Cody Rhodes, all the hungry Hyenas that seek for an opening to get inside my head that caused this… Not me… I'm innocent! I'm acting in self defense.

Trent?'s lips curved up in a smile, the word 'innocent' just sounded hilariously appropriate.

Trent?: I'll just cut right to it, Randy. You and I have a playdate… We are due to meet in exactly one week, December 24th. I knew you'd agree to a type of match where infinite amounts of pain would be dealt to you… Now a friendly advice… Don't wear any baby oil unless you want to end up in the burnt unit of a hospital. Randy… Randy… Randy… You're in for a treat tonight. I already want to see your face after you realize that the Killer in you is USELESS without any of that gasoline I mentioned earlier. 

Trent? brought his open palm close to his ear.

Trent?: What do I hear? That you don't need anger? That you are still capable of punishing my body in unimaginable ways? 

Trent? pouted his lips mockingly for a second.

Trent?: I thought you studied your rivals, Randy. Do you think Barbed wire and Explosions scare me? Do you think that is pain for me? I'm going to be bluntly honest with you… I don't think it gets anymore painful than staining your hands with the blood of your loved ones to survive… I have just cracked my best friend's head with a baseball bat Randy… I don't think you could do the same to your beloved Adam, even if your life depended on it… I don't think it gets more painful than watching other people get handed the opportunities you work your ASS OFF to get… I don't know if I am going to walk out that barbed wire cage with my four limbs… I don't know if I am walking out as the EBWF World Champion… What I do know is, inside that cage you will not only meet your athletic match… You will also get to experience what you fear the most! Someone who won't budge, now matter how much pain you inflict… In the end, If you kill me, you'd be doing me a favor… You'd be releasing me from this curse…

With that said, Trent? reached for the little chain of the lightbulb and tugged on it to shut the lights off. However, his voice could still be heard in the darkness… Singing in an eerie tone as he walked away from the camera.

Santa Trent? is coming to town.
He's making a list.
He's checking it twice.
He's bringing barbed wire and C4s, that's nice.
Santa Trent? is coming to town

The scene faded to black.